- Vision and Mission
- Objectives and Functions
- Quality Policy
- Best Practices
- NAAC Certificate
- Minutes of Meeting & Action Taken Report
- Annual Planning
- Quality Initiatives taken by IQAC
- Student Satisfaction Survey
- List of Students
- Academic Calendar
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Research, Innovation & Extension Activities
- Student Performance and Learning Outcome
- Green Initiative and Infrastructure
- Previous AQAR
Welcome to the Web page of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Government College Daman the oldest higher education institutions in Daman. This College has been accredited with the CGPA of 1.79 by the National Assessment & Accreditation Agency (NAAC).
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
IQAC of the Government College Daman aims to continuously monitor quality and create quality alerts and propose ways and means of enhancing quality. The motto of the IQAC is to achieve quality through continuous improvement with cooperation of all stake holders. It will channelize and systematize the efforts of the College towards academic excellence.
The IQAC welcomes critical remarks and suggestions from both members of the College system and also general public.
The College has UGC recognition under section 2f and 12B and offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Arts, Science and Commerce. A team of diligent teachers with undying enthusiasm are incessantly engaged in facilitating the curricular and co-curricular activities of the college which has led to its emerging as the citadel of intellectual pursuit in the city.
The college sprawls over 27 acres of land with lush green plantations, which bestows a proper ambience to foster the academic activities. The college has sufficient infrastructure, with well- furnished classrooms, labs, library, hostel facility, auditorium, sports complex etc. The infrastructure has been consistently refurbished to meet the changing academic requirements. At present technology enhanced teaching-learning experience and work culture have been adopted to boost up the productivity and avoid disruption of classes.
With student strength of more than1300, faculty strength of 45, and administrative team of 10 staff, the college is moving forward in the pursuit of its vision which is to impart quality education.
VISION AND MISSION:
The vision of Government College Daman is to empower students through integrated education and to prepare them for functional roles in society; enabling them to live up to their full potential.
The Mission is to create a learning environment, provide academic facilities, support the learning experiences, help the learners to utilize their talents, and nurture their creative potential.
OBJECTIVE AND FUNCTION:
- To develop a system for conscious, reliable and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty development to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activitieActing as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database;
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
- Ensure timely and efficient performance of academic and extra-curricular activities;
- Maintain quality of academic and research activities;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process
- Green Campus:
In this era of deforestation and environmental problems associated with it, we conduct afforestation drives where the students and members of the staff are encouraged to plant saplings and nurture them. This, in turn, helps us in maintaining a lush green campus which is environment friendly and student-friendly. The greenery on campus makes it the habitat of rich and varied flora and fauna.
Moreover, this practice inculcates in the students and other members of the college community the spirit of nurturing nature, and promotes a feeling of oneness with nature and fellow beings.
- Solar Energy:
Sustainable development is the key to a better present and a brighter future. As a step towards harnessing and using renewable sources of energy, the roof-tops of some buildings on campus are equipped with solar panels. The energy generated is used for operating the street lights on campus.
- Sensitisation and Awareness Programmes:
A sensitive and aware generation is the need of the hour. We conduct sensitisation and awareness programmes for students, faculty members and non-teaching staff on a regular basis. Some of the core areas we focus on include:
- Environmental awareness
- Clean India Campaign
- Gender sensitisation
- Civic duties and responsibilities
- Fire and Safety
- Banking and Insurance
Download certificate : NAAC CERTIFICATE
- FYBA LIST OF STUDENT_2019-20
- FYBCom ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- FYBSc ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- PG STUDENTS ENROLLMENT 2019-20
- Student Info UG 20-21
- SYBA ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- SYBCom ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- SYBSc ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- TYBA ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- TYBCom ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- TYBSc ADMISSION LIST 2019-20
- UG STUDENTS ENROLLEMT 2019-20
Click here to download previous year AQAR : Previous year Appeal_GOVERNMENT_COLLEGE_DAMAN